Whole House Water Conditioner
Showing all 3 results
If you own your own home: Start your investigation into water treatment systems here.
If you own your own home (or can otherwise effect the quality of water distributed throughout your home) you should first assess (and install if needed) a whole house water conditioner. This should be done before selecting or purchasing any secondary equipment to provide distilled-water or other purified-water drinking-water options.
To consider installing a whole house water conditioner:
1. If your raw water supply is chlorinated, the chlorine (and even more dangerous chloramine now being used by most municipal water suppliers) escapes from your bathing water in the form of a “gas”. Hot water (as well as “running” water and “sprayed” water used when bathing) more rapidly disperses chlorine gas and chloramine gas from your raw water into the relatively small area of your bathroom enclosure. Daily exposure to these harmful compounds over 10 years, 20 years, 30 years or longer has a negative impact on your immune system and overall health.
2. Water hardness is another reason to consider treating your whole house water supply. When water hardness is removed from your whole house water supply the life expectancy of water pipes and water fixtures is greatly increased (and water spots eliminated). When water hardness is removed “healthier” bathing products can be used without the commonlathering agent additives such as laurel sulphate). Overall you will notice your skin becoming softer and more healthy. Dishes will become sparkling clean and laundry will come out cleaner; both with the use of less soaps and detergents.
3. Cleaning up your whole house water supply first will effect your choices and performance of any secondary system you might choose to further purify the water you drink and cook with.
Your water company will provide a free water-quality report upon request. You can send us a copy of the report if you want our help to assess and understand the quality of your water.
In addition to requesting this report you will also need to ask your water company representative to verbally tell you the TOTAL HARDNESS and TDS of your raw water supply. If they tell you they are already included in the water quality report that’s great. But if not you need to write down what they tell you about TOTAL HARDNESS and TDS.
Feel free to call us to help assess your water conditions; or do your own research to get to the bottom of things.
The water quality report will tell you about many common water contaminants and show you how much of them are in your specific water supply. Aside from those contaminants we want to looks closely at how much iron and other heavy metals are in your water; and lets also check to see how much fluoride is in your water.
From this information you will be able to evaluate the benefit from installing a whole house water conditioner. More specifically, you will also be able to compare our whole house water conditioning products to others available elsewhere.
If you want to perform your own independent water testing we can help you do that Here. This can be especially helpful if you don’t buy your water from a municipal supplier and instead own your own well.
1. Conventional water softener distributors and manufacturers don’t tell you that diluted brine resulting from the garden sprayer principle will fracture the beads of high performance “fine mesh resin”.
2. Not only do conventional water softeners regenerate with significantly diluted brine; the garden sprayer principle assures that the brine from the brine tank is diluted with a significant amount of dirty raw water which further degrades performance.
3. By comparison our water softener starts by making the brine solution in its brine tank with clean water (not raw dirty water); then it draws this pure saturated brine into the system undiluted during regeneration (because it DOES NOT rely on the garden sprayer principle).
4. Full-Strength saturated brine used during regeneration by our equipment has a much greater ability (compared to diluted brine made with dirty water) to suppress bacteria growth inside the water softener tanks. This is one of two reason we guarantee you won’t get slippery bathing water from our system (unlike conventional water softeners).
1. We use fine mesh resin that does a much better job cleaning your water (compared to standard resin) including removing heavy metals and fluoride.
2. Several of the major manufacturers of conventional water softeners offer one model in their product line-up that uses fine mesh resin. They do this so they can claim they have a high performance unit. But depending where you live they will never recommend or sell you their fine mesh resin unit because their valve technology (based on the garden sprayer principle) is unable to rinse iron from the fine mesh resin. If you have even a small trace of iron in your raw water the fine mesh resin will quickly become blocked until there’s only a dribble of conditioned water coming from your household faucets. Fine mesh resin units offered by other manufacturer’s don’t work in most applications.
3. The hydraulic valve technology used on our equipment (coupled with a pulsing controller) easily rinses iron from the fine mesh resin. We so effectively remove iron that in areas where raw water contains high levels of iron our equipment can replace both a dedicated iron removal system and a water softener.
1. Some manufacturer’s of conventional water softeners offer 2-tank systems. Kinetico is an example of a manufacturer selling popular two tank system. All such 2-tank systems are known as Flip-Flop systems because of how they operate. Only one tank can be used at a time to condition your household water. When the tank being used is depleted and needs to be regenerated the system flips from the depleted tank to the other tank that was previously regenerated and waiting (stagnant).
2. Our two tank system is the only two tank system sold anywhere that is not a Flip-Flop system; meaning that both tanks sits stagnant waiting to be used). There are two significant advantages to this design and operation. First, because flip-flop systems leave one tank off-line and stagnant for long periods of time; the stagnant tank further increases the slippery bathing water problem already present in conventional single tank softeners. Second, because the water flow is simultaneously split between two tanks; the water velocity through each tank is cut in half (compared to flip-flop and single tank systems). This doubles the time your household water is exposed to the fine mesh resin in the resin tank and exposed to the coconut carbon in the carbon overtank. Doubling the exposure time obviously improves the efficiency of water conditioning.
1. Regenerates in only 8 minutes using only 9 gallons of water and only 1 pound of salt.
2. Lost water from regeneration contains no more salt than the raw water being conditioned (to protect the environment).
3. Much less salt in your household conditioned water.
1. The system itself provides bacteria free water requiring no maintenance or periodic expense.
2. Use only solar salt with 98.9% purity or potassium crystals of similar purity. Never use salt pellets potassium chloride containing a binder. Rinse the brine tank out with a garden hose once a year to wash away dirt that can enter the brine tank from the environment or from the salt used.
3. We recommend the use of a spin-down filter ahead of the unit installation to protect the unit from sediment. The spin-down filter can be shipped with your unit upon request. The spin-down filter does not require any filter replacements but should occasionally be operated to clean the sediment mesh. This is very quick and easy to do and requires no tools.
4. Unlike conventional water softeners configured to remove whole house chlorine (and chloramine) the carbon in our unit never needs to be replaced. So far we have units in place for 20 years using the same carbon and performing at spec. Read the fine print of any competing product claiming to remove household chlorine to see the requirement that you must periodically replace the carbon. The is usually done at a fairly expensive price when you buy your system from someone local who is going to maintain it for you.
Working capecity per tank: 5000 grains.
Regeneration Time: 8 minutes.
Water usage per regen: 9 gallons.
Salt usage per regen: 1 pound.
Continuous capacity power: 625 grains per minute.
Listen this audio above to know how easy this is to use
We are enjoying it a great deal, and you were totally correct that my problem with reverse osmosis (RO purifiers) was due to the acid/alkaline factor. The purified water has muscle tested very well, and the taste is comparable to that of Poland Spring water which we used for years. Thank you so much for solving my previous problem with reverse osmosis. I greatly appreciate it.
Unadvertised bonus: Sign up for annual filter subcription and get free
shipping on replacement filters and long as your subscription stays active.
Returning Customer? Click here to login